Coop Replaces Lighting in 700 Stores and Saves DKK 25 Million per Year
More than 700 Coop stores and a number of offices and warehouses were fitted with new LED lighting. 200,000 light sources were replaced over a period of 17 months, saving Coop DKK 25 million a year in energy costs.
Coop invested DKK 60 million and achieved savings of DKK 25 million per year in power costs and 40 GWh, corresponding approximately to the electricity consumption of 10,000 households.
Payback Time of Less than 2 Years
The payback time for the project is less than 2 years, measured on the basis of energy saving and energy subsidies. Other benefits include savings as a result of less maintenance, better lighting and greater satisfaction among staff.
Retrofit Provides Good Project Economy
The short payback time is the result of retrofitting 60% of the lighting installations. Retrofitting involves Nordic Business Light updating existing fixtures for the use of LED tubes. The other 40% consists of brand-new LED fixtures.
Other Coop cases
30,000 Coop employees have been given new lighting. It is guaranteed flicker free. The result is a healthier working environment.
The successful installation of 200,000 light sources in 17 months was facilitated by shrewd project management, a hard-working team of electricians and comprehensive understanding of Coop’s needs and organization.
Key figures for the COOP project
Coop in pictures
More than 700 Coop stores and a number of offices and warehouses were fitted with new LED lighting. 200,000 light sources were replaced over a period of 17 months, saving Coop DKK 25 million a year in power costs.
Kræn Østergaard Nielsen, CFO at Coop og Head of Energy, Peter Svendsen tell about the project that has given Coop huge savings